Friday, April 18, 2014

I ain't the poorest people in the world

Like a week ago, I found these 3 pieces of my diary books. As reading it slowly and absorbed at whatever I ever wrote there (also realizing how I was such a dreadful human being for 10-5 years in the past); I feel like even for now, in this brand new 2014, I still havent change significantly, meaning my life still so-so with no huge impact for others. Please I dont have any good impact for myself either. Once there was old me wrote on one end of my diary page: Do every human always think that they are the poorest people in the world? Believe me, it is hard to think you are not, when you surrounded by amazing and incredible human being which achieve what you did not even dare to dream. I learn how to be grateful once in a while, and compel my mind to be positive as possible but alas, it is indeed hard. Not to mention, when you walk into the 'beauty' of being 20-ish, everything around revolves messily and you tend to lose sanity. It doubled or tripled mess for a people like me who ignorant enough to never making such things like life roadmap, life target/resolution, or even just listing off dreams (I actualIy did it once or twice but thats it, I dont even know why am I stopping). If you ask me now, "what do you really want then?" ...well, I dont have any good answers. This bugs me for a while (more like half a year actually) until today I blocked all my laziness to share this uber great reading.
Click here

Maybe I ever stumbled upon that kind of article several time but maybe again I wasnt in my clear state of mind so it is regrettably wasted. This time though, maybe I just need to be triggered a bit to realize that having 'me, the poorest human being' attitude is not right, and pathetic. Yes, I am not the best in any aspect yet achieve nothing impactful but still.. you have to know your life mean something. Let me sum up a bit some points of my favorite manifestos from article above:
1. Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. It causes you to work not on what you like, but what you’d like to like.
2. One of the interesting things about success is that we think we know what it means. A lot of the time our ideas about what it would mean to live successfully are not our own.
3. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.
4. This is your life. Do what you love, and do it often.
God, let this feel will continuously linger from now on so everytime I feel like a piece of crap I know that life is more than that. I believe if we struggle enough, life will embrace us beautifully (its hard to write motivational things like that when I actually feel worse hahaha *plain laugh* God dont let me be that kind of person who only say things but cant do). Oh and off course, I have to share this one from my favorite quote of a seems-mediocre-at first-but-turned out-really-heartmoving-in the end movie with brilliant messages ever, Remember Me (2010). 

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it. Because nobody else will. Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we've touched.

Stay positive as you can,
-Icha

2 comments:

binarycodecimal said...

Cha ☺ such a nice post!
So that is the article you told me on our last chat. I've read the article and Wow all of them are true. It made me realise that life is not only about achieving prestige, it's more like how to live our lives, how to enjoy it, and how to make it better.
But still, I haven't found what I really want to do...

binarycodecimal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.