Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I am Taken.. by TV-Series

Morning!
I am soaking my laundry now, so it seems I have to wait like another hour before continuing my activities. Meanwhile, last night I (finally) tried to watch Dexter TV series. Yes it is old, I watched 4 episodes from the first season (2006) but indeed maybe years ago I can barely watched it. To be honest after feed up my eyes with The Walking Dead for a last month, my limit to see/watch some kind disturbing pictures had changed. It is okay for me now to watch blood splattering from blunt objects against any parts of human bodies but ugh it still gross and I am sure cant manage watching it live.
Anyhow the purpose of this post actually is.. telling you how my life recently changed in this past half year. As I manage to see myself I am quite a movie-goer (with broad sense of genres) and I had this habbit to write a review (or at least a list) of movie which I watched in a year since 2010. Some of them can be read on this blog or on my tumblr here and for some reasons I also started to watch tv series. My first encounter of tv series maybe happened few years back when F.R.I.E.N.D.S was broadcasted on the local channel but I was at an age which didnt understand any of it. High school era was superb when I never missed any episodes of Supernatural or Smallville there. At some point, I cant call myself tv series junkie but I do know some of them. These last 6 months was the jackpot, I watched like 3-4 tv series which I requested to my friend (so he can downloaded it from indowebster, yeah I know 'the power of net-world'). Now I drowned on it. Those some tv series up here consuming my time much more than my thesis. Chita introduced me to Doctor Who few months ago and now I basically adore the series much.


        
        

Broadchurch*The Walking Dead*Nodame Cantabile*Game of Thrones*Lie To Me*Doctor Who*Skins*Sherlock

Watching tv series from outside country always end with me contemplating why Indonesian tv series (or what ppl here call it sinetron) never can be that good. Nevertheless, I cant judge, because everything so different. Almost all sinetron which now broadcasted on local channel focusing on social life, I hardly find any other than drama genre. The story itself, actually just so simple (I recalling that Tukang Bubur Naik Haji was a short movie before they know made to be one of the current longest sinetron) but that simple plot seems to be dragged away and lost its focus. Cant blame the production team though because the rating actually good, my mom and granma still watch it and maybe million of people out there too. If only production people start to manage how to produce sinetron like they produce a movie, it will be like a piece of art. If some of us remember Bunda with Dinna Olivia and Meriam Belina as the cast was pretty good (and short, if compared to others so called successful sinetron episodes). Indonesian movies were good lately with broader various of genres so maybe later.. our tv series can be more worth to watch too.
Well, it seems an hour had passed and I need to do my laundry now. Catch ya later.

Bye,
Icha

No comments: